The Traffic Surveillance Control is a comprehensive traffic management system in operation along LDP – helps to ensure that 24/7 efficient surveillance and updated feedback are evidently received by LITRAK’s Traffic Controller team. Acting as our ‘eagle eye’, LITRAK’s Traffic Surveillance Control ensure that traffic flow is properly monitored and recorded. With this, any traffic flow anomalies on LDP will be detected almost immediately and reach users on time. LITRAK’s Traffic Surveillance Control services include;
- Traffic Control and Surveillance System (TCSS) used to monitor traffic condition and Variable Message Signs (VMS) display boards installed along LDP as well as conduct the traffic counting, congestion detection and data transmission system monitoring.
- Closed Circuit TVs (CCTV) installed at strategic points along the LDP Highway to monitor traffic situation for traffic updates.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) display boards located at designated locations along LDP to provide real-time traffic events.
- Enhanced Vehicle Actuation (EVA) system are used to read and manage traffic volumes at signalised traffic junctions by controlling the ‘green time’ of traffic signals.
- Electric Toll Collection (ETC) system whereby prepaid electronic toll services (Smart Tag and Touch and Go) are provided at dedicated toll lanes conveniently for LDP users without having to stop and queue at the cash toll lanes.
LITRAK’s Traffic Surveillance Control are currently located at LITRAK’s Operational Complex, next to Plaza Toll Petaling Jaya (TP2). To secure confidentiality, the control room is a restricted site, accessible only to authorised personnel.