LDP’s Auxiliary Police is a 24-hour patrol team provided by LITRAK to assist our road users during emergencies along LDP Highway. To ensure a safe and comfortable journey for our road users, we provide a free-of-charge and around-the-clock patrol service; ever ready to take action and assist whenever needed. LDP’s Auxiliary Police can be reached through our speed dial – LITRAK Helpline; 03-7494 7333. LITRAK Helpline also serves as an information channel for any inquiries and support related to LDP. For easy reference, LITRAK Helpline phone number is printed at theback of the toll payment receipt.
Until the end of 2012, LDP’s Auxiliary Police was formerly known as LDP’s Ronda Team. To enhance their credibility, in 2013, they went through 2-months extensive training at PULAPOL before being accredited as certified Auxiliary Police. The training was done in 5 series;
- Training Series 1: January 2013 until March 2013 at Police Training Centre, Ayer Hitam, Negeri Sembilan.
- Training Series 2: May 2013 until July 2013 at Police Training Centre, Ayer Hitam, Negeri Sembilan.
- Training Series 3: September 2013 until November 2013 at Police Training Centre, Ayer Hitam, Negeri Sembilan.
- Training Series 4: September 2014 until November 2014 at Police Training Centre, Langkawi, Kedah.
- Training Series 5: May 2015 until July 2015 at Police Training Centre, Langkawi, Kedah.
These trainings were supervised under the Department of Crime Prevention and Safety Community (JPNKK), PDRM Bukit Aman. We were the first urban highway to establish an Auxiliary Police team for the benefits of our user and the second concessionaire to take this initiative after PLUS.
The Auxiliary Police is responsible for :
- Monitoring and reporting any highways anomalies to HQ, particularly concerning user’s safety issue (i.e. fallen trees, flash flood, etc);
- Filing a First Information Report (FIR) at Police for any accidents on LDP;
- Providing immediate and around-the-clock assistance for LDP’s users;
- Conducting 24/7 surveillance on LDP;
- Managing traffic flow in the event of vehicle breakdowns, traffic congestions, malfunction traffic lights, accidents, or any traffic issues occuring on LDP;
- Supervising traffic flow at congested areas due to weaving issue/queue jumping;
- Reporting any maintenance issues such as oil spills, potholes, damaged sound barriers/ dividers, road debris, or anything that might raise safety concerns towards LDP’s users;
- Providing towing assistance for vehicle breakdowns or accidents along the LDP and;
- Examining work permits for road works along LDP.
At the moment, LDP’s Auxiliary Police consists of 34 officers – headquartered at Maintenance Depot, LITRAK Operational Complex. They are on patrol 24/7, so if you are on-road and need immediate assistance, keep calm and call our speed dial. Support will be on your way – anytime and anywhere on LDP!