SPRINT Highway – Services
1. Auxiliary Police
SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police is a 24-hour patrol team provided to assist our road users during emergency cases along SPRINT Highways. To ensure a safe and comfortable journey for our road users, we provide a free-of-charge and around-the-clock patrol service; ever ready to take action whenever needed. SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police can be reached through our speed dial – LITRAK Helpline; 03-7494 7333. LITRAK Helpline also serves as an information portal for any inquiries and support related to SPRINT Highway. For easy reference, LITRAK Helpline phone number is printed behind the toll payment receipt.
Until the end of 2012, SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police was formerly known as SPRINT Ronda Team. To enhance their credibility, in 2013, they went through 2-months extensive training at PULAPOL before being accredited as certified Auxiliary Police.
These trainings were supervised under the Department of Crime Prevention and Safety Community (JPNKK), PDRM Bukit Aman. We were the first urban highway to establish an Auxiliary Police team for the benefits of our user and the second concessionaire to take this initiative after PLUS.
The Auxiliary Police is responsible for :
- Monitoring and reporting any highways anomalies to HQ, particularly concerning user’s safety issue (i.e. fallen trees, flash flood, etc);
- Filing a First Information Report (FIR) at Police for any accidents occurred on SPRINT Highway;
- Providing immediate and around-the-clock assistance for SPRINT Highway’s users;
- Conducting 24/7 surveillance on SPRINT Highway;
- Managing traffic flow in the event of vehicle breakdowns, traffic congestions, malfunction traffic lights, accidents, or any traffic issues occurring on SPRINT Highway;
- Supervising traffic flow at congested areas due to weaving issue/queue jumping;
- Reporting any maintenance issue such as oil spill, potholes, damaged sound barriers/ dividers, road debris, or anything that might raise safety concern towards SPRINT Highway’s users;
- Providing towing assistance for vehicle breakdown or accidents along SPRINT Highway; and,
- Examining work permits for road works along SPRINT Highway.
At the moment, SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police consists of 30 officers – headquartered at SPRINT Maintenance Depot. They are on patrol 24/7. If you are on-road and need immediate assistance, keep calm and call our speed dial. Support will be on your way – anytime and anywhere on SPRINT Highway!
2. Traffic Surveillance Control
The Traffic Surveillance Control is a comprehensive traffic management system in operation along SPRINT Highway – helps to ensure that 24/7 efficient surveillance and updated feedback are evidently received by SPRINT Traffic Controller team. Acted as our ‘eagle eye’, SPRINT Traffic Surveillance Control ensure that traffic flow are properly monitored and recorded. With this, any traffic flow anomalies at SPRINT Highway will be detected almost immediately and reach users on time. SPRINT Traffic Surveillance Control service includes;
- Traffic Control and Surveillance System (TCSS) used to monitor traffic controller and Variable Message Signs (VMS) display boards installed along SPRINT Highway as well as observe the traffic counting, congestion detector and data transmission system.
- Closed Circuit TVs (CCTV) are installed at strategic points along the SPRINT Highway to monitor traffic situation for traffic updates.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) display boards are located at the designated locations along the SPRINT Highways to provide real-time traffic events.
- Enhanced Vehicle Actuation (EVA) system are used to read and manage traffic volumes at signalised traffic junctions by controlling the ‘green time’ of traffic signals.
- Electric Toll Collection (ETC) system whereby prepaid electronic toll services (Smart Tag and Touch and Go) are provided at dedicated toll lanes conveniently for SPRINT users without having to stop and queue at the cash toll lanes.
SPRINT Traffic Surveillance Control are currently located at SPRINT Headquarter, Section 17. To secure confidentiality, the control room is a ‘no-entry’ site, accessible only for official authorities and limited number of authorised SPRINT personnel.
3. Touch ‘n Go Reload Counter & Frequent Traveller Programme (FTP) Redemption Counter
For a smoother journey on SPRINT Highway, we have made available ETC lanes of Touch ‘n Go & SMART Tag for users. Hassle free and time saving, users travelling on SPRINT Highway can now reload or redeem Touch ‘n Go rebates for Frequent Traveller Programme (FTP) at our Reload Centre as per below location:
Pusat Khidmat Pelanggan Plaza Tol Bukit Kiara, Lebuhraya SPRINT
Hubungan Penchala Link, Jalan Kiara
Mont Kiara 50480
Monday – Sunday : 7.00 am – 10.00 pm
4. Lay-By and Rest Areas
Lay-by facilities are also made available for users travelling along SPRINT Highway. Our lay-by offers facilities such as clean public restrooms, suraus, and parking bays.
With its aesthetic landscape and well maintained facilities, the lay-by is situated strategically at Bukit Kiara Layby (KM 2.8) Northbound Penchala Link.